Sunday, November 29, 2009

Area Hawk

I observed this hawk sitting on a chain link fence and another tree before getting my camera and snapping some pictures. before I got the camera, there was a small grey squirrel moving around on the major limb above and to the right of the hawk. Eventually, the squirrel ran back up the tree.

I think this may be a Red Shouldered Hawk but I am not an expert.

Another large hawk flew overhead while I was watching this one. The flying hawk was making the normal screeching sounds we hear daily and this hawk did not answer. I believe the hawks we normally see are Red Tailed Hawks but again I am no expert.

This is a shot from behind the hawk after I have continued on down the street and around the corner.

Internet photo of Red Shoudered Hawk from http://www.boylanenv.com/Bec-Wildlife%20Photos.htm

No comments: