Sunday, December 27, 2009

HD Shotgun Project Continues

After multiple shoulder surgeries I have decided to try this Knoxx CompStock by BlackHawk from http://www.opticsplanet.net/blackhawk-knoxx-compstock-shotgun-stocks.html. Their theory is the stock will absorb much of the recoil. I will let you know how it works in the future.

As you can see, at this point I have removed the buttstock and replaced it with the Comp Stock. Time freezes here because I now need a special wrench to remove the forend tube nut so I can attach the new Knoxx forend to the shotgun's action bars.


This is a Menck Mark III Forend Wrench. It is good for various Remington, Browning, Mossberg and Winchester shotguns so perhaps I will be able to use it more than once.

Forearm replaced, the project continues, more parts on order, stay tuned.

No comments: